Fire/Arson Investigations :  Fire/Arson Investigations The fastest message board... ever.
A place to ask questions and add to probative and informative discussions associated with the various aspects of the field of fire investigation. -- FORUM RULES---BE CIVIL AND NO NAME CALLING, NO BELITTLING, NO BERATING, NO DENIGRATING others. Postings in violation of these rules can be removed or editted to remove the offending remarks at the discretion of the moderators and/or site administrator. 
Forensic Science
Posted by: dcarpenter (IP Logged)
Date: November 21, 2017 04:31PM

Nice to see the general format of the AAFS Annual Meeting being related to "science." I see a lot of valuable presentations of the application of the SM in forensic investigations including fire investigation and presentations by familiars such as John Lentini, Dan Madrzykowski, and Terry-Dawn Hewitt.

At the same time, a bit sad that an entire annual forensic meeting needs to be dedicated to "Science Matters" at this day and age. We have battled the issues in the fire investigation community of "art versus science" and the use of the Scientific Method. It is my opinion that, based on experience, the next battleground will be the reliable application of the Scientific Method to the investigation of fire and explosion incidents. This is not a new topic to other disciplines in the professional forensic community. This annual meeting looks to provide valuable presentations in this regard. I hope others in the fire investigation community also consider attending.

Douglas J. Carpenter, MScFPE, CFEI, PE, FSFPE
Vice President & Principal Engineer
Combustion Science & Engineering, Inc.
8940 Old Annapolis Road, Suite L
Columbia, MD 21045
(410) 884-3266
(410) 884-3267 (fax)
www.csefire.com

Subject Views Written By Posted
  Forensic Science 1320 dcarpenter 11/21/2017 04:31PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.