Fire/Arson Investigations :  Fire/Arson Investigations The fastest message board... ever.
A place to ask questions and add to probative and informative discussions associated with the various aspects of the field of fire investigation. -- FORUM RULES---BE CIVIL AND NO NAME CALLING, NO BELITTLING, NO BERATING, NO DENIGRATING others. Postings in violation of these rules can be removed or editted to remove the offending remarks at the discretion of the moderators and/or site administrator. 
Public Input N F P A 921
Posted by: J L Mazerat (IP Logged)
Date: December 14, 2017 09:28AM

This document is excepting public comments for his next edition. I just submitted a comment and noticed the low number assigned to the comment. Hey seems to be a lack of interest in upgrading the document. Could it be that most feel the document has reached a point to where this little to be added or improved?

Over the past year I’ve heard a number of different people, both fire investigators and engineers complain as to the information contained in the document. Yet when I search for comments made by these individuals to correct their complaints I don’t find anything showing up. Should we be complaining if we’re not going to take time and effort to correct what we think are inconsistencies in the document?

921 is here to stay. The NFPA has made it extremely easy to make public comments for the improvement of the document. Anyone in this profession needs to take time and review the area of the document where they believe improvement can be made and suggest those improvements to the committee. Some people say they have submitted comments only to have them rejected by the committee. Today my say do not get discouraged. Look at the way your recommendation was present. Re-submitting your suggestion with additional supporting documentation will assist the committee in better understanding your concerns. It may take a couple of cycles for your concerns to be properly addressed but if you can substantiate the reasoning in most cases there will be some type of correction.

Time is getting short so do not wait. Take time to go through the document and highlight the areas of your concern. Then take the very easy step supplied by the NFPA by electronically submitting comments to the area you wish to address.

Jim Mazerat
Forensic Investigations Group

Subject Views Written By Posted
  Public Input N F P A 921 1256 J L Mazerat 12/14/2017 09:28AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.