Fire/Arson Investigations :  Fire/Arson Investigations The fastest message board... ever.
A place to ask questions and add to probative and informative discussions associated with the various aspects of the field of fire investigation. -- FORUM RULES---BE CIVIL AND NO NAME CALLING, NO BELITTLING, NO BERATING, NO DENIGRATING others. Postings in violation of these rules can be removed or editted to remove the offending remarks at the discretion of the moderators and/or site administrator. 
Spoliation Gets A Case Dismissed
Posted by: afd701 (IP Logged)
Date: March 10, 2019 07:20PM

I know this is not a fire case but it is definitely worth taking a look at. This happened close to where I am located in North Alabama, so I have followed it closely from the beginning.

It involves a fatal car crash where the investigation was not as thorough as it could have been and the vehicle at fault was discovered to have factory recalls, after the fact and then was released from the impound lot and was destroyed (spoliation claim) before the case was tried.

A lot of good food for thought on the importance of thorough investigation and attention to detail. A lot of lessons to be learned from.

Case dismissed against Army veteran charged in deadly I-565 crash [www.waff.com]

Ricky Phillips
IAAI-CFI(v)/FIT
NAFI-CFEI/CVFI
trphillipscfi@gmail.com
(256) 640-1556

Subject Views Written By Posted
  Spoliation Gets A Case Dismissed 1155 afd701 03/10/2019 07:20PM
  Re: Spoliation Gets A Case Dismissed 541 Sir Gary 05/08/2019 05:47AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.