Fire/Arson Investigations :  Fire/Arson Investigations The fastest message board... ever.
A place to ask questions and add to probative and informative discussions associated with the various aspects of the field of fire investigation. -- FORUM RULES---BE CIVIL AND NO NAME CALLING, NO BELITTLING, NO BERATING, NO DENIGRATING others. Postings in violation of these rules can be removed or editted to remove the offending remarks at the discretion of the moderators and/or site administrator. 
Re: A question of a possibility
Posted by: CJN (IP Logged)
Date: September 30, 2019 12:35PM

I have a Big Green Egg myself. They don't use standard charcoal briquettes, but lump hardwood charcoal. See the link below for more info.

[www.finecooking.com]

The recommended way to extinguish one of these grills is to close off all of the vents and let it starve itself of oxygen. The exterior of my grill will stay warm for about 24 hours after I finish cooking. I've never opened it up to test. I know of anecdotal cases where somebody disposed of the ashes from their fireplace up to two weeks later and had it cause a fire in their garbage can. Can't say I've heard of anything specific to a grill, though.

Subject Views Written By Posted
  A question of a possibility 1028 markspoo 09/23/2019 07:53AM
  Re: A question of a possibility 661 Rsuninv 09/23/2019 11:52AM
  Re: A question of a possibility 1657 dcarpenter 09/23/2019 12:50PM
  Re: A question of a possibility 630 CJN 09/30/2019 12:35PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.