Fire/Arson Investigations :  Fire/Arson Investigations The fastest message board... ever.
A place to ask questions and add to probative and informative discussions associated with the various aspects of the field of fire investigation. -- FORUM RULES---BE CIVIL AND NO NAME CALLING, NO BELITTLING, NO BERATING, NO DENIGRATING others. Postings in violation of these rules can be removed or editted to remove the offending remarks at the discretion of the moderators and/or site administrator. 
2016 Mercededes Benz C Class Fire
Posted by: jmagovern (IP Logged)
Date: February 03, 2020 08:17PM

I have recently been assigned a vehicle fire that occurred July of 2018. After interviews and the vehicle exam I found the following. The owner reports that the vehicle had about 20,000 miles and she was operating it on a main highway in traffic. The insured recalled that she heard load (deafening)Popping coming from the glove box area and then saw the windshield began to melt from the bottom and the hole grew slowly sending glass all over as the popping continued. She pulled over and evacuated as the passengers compartment filled with smoke and then fire.

The exam that was conducted prior to the interview, found that the fire originated in the area of the passengers side dash. In this area I found the wiring harness that showed signs of significant electrical activity. Arcing and beading of the wires was significant.

I have not yet employed an electrical engineer and can find nothing similar in this forum.

jmagovern@valentineassoc.com

Subject Views Written By Posted
  2016 Mercededes Benz C Class Fire 892 jmagovern 02/03/2020 08:17PM
  Re: 2016 Mercededes Benz C Class Fire 538 Fire 02/04/2020 05:38PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.