Fire/Arson Investigations :  Fire/Arson Investigations The fastest message board... ever.
A place to ask questions and add to probative and informative discussions associated with the various aspects of the field of fire investigation. -- FORUM RULES---BE CIVIL AND NO NAME CALLING, NO BELITTLING, NO BERATING, NO DENIGRATING others. Postings in violation of these rules can be removed or editted to remove the offending remarks at the discretion of the moderators and/or site administrator. 
Sifting the Ashes Fall 2020 issue is up
Posted by: John Lentini (IP Logged)
Date: September 25, 2020 11:03AM

The Fall 2020 issue of Sifting the Ashes is now available at my website www.firescientist.com. For direct subscribers, check your inbox.

This issue contains a link to my latest article, published in the LMU Law review in August, wherein I “give away my playbook.” Readers who take the advice to heart may be able to avoid embarrassing challenges to their qualifications to investigate fires.

There are links to a retrospective review of the 1980 Stauffer’s Inn fire, a new case from the Third Circuit wherein an expert claims to have worked 400 fires a year for 30 years (and judges believed him!), and a new book on “no crime” wrongful convictions, Smoke but No Fire.

This issue’s case study describes a 2018 case where an arson charge based on three areas of origin was dismissed after a fourth area of origin was discovered.

As always, readers’ comments are welcome.

John J. Lentini, CFI
Scientific Fire Analysis
Islamorada, FL
www.firescientist.com
scientific.fire@yahoo.com

Subject Views Written By Posted
  Sifting the Ashes Fall 2020 issue is up 779 John Lentini 09/25/2020 11:03AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.