AutoFires :  Fire/Arson Investigations The fastest message board... ever.
A moderated place where those interested in vehicle fires can contribute with probative and informative discussions. Information posted shall be directly associated with the various aspects of the field. 
NHTSA Investigating Fires in 2007 - 2012 Jeep Wranglers
Posted by: Chris Bloom, CJBFireConsultant (IP Logged)
Date: April 06, 2012 03:56PM

I and several others received a question from one of NHTSA's investigators requesting assistance from anyone who has experienced a fire in the above vehicles.

Here is an excerpt of the circumstances they identify with the fires and they would appreciate anyone who has a fire of this type to contact them.

"Fires are key on, while driving... The precedent symptoms are the engine shuts down, followed by loss of power assist (braking and steering), smoke and then fire. Has anyone seen fires of this variety and/or other engine compartment fires in the JKs (MY 2007 - 2012)? "

Feel free to either contact Derek Rinehardt directly at NHTSA or send me a PM or email with your contact information and I will make sure to forward it to him.

Chris

Subject Views Written By Posted
  NHTSA Investigating Fires in 2007 - 2012 Jeep Wranglers 1995 Chris Bloom, CJBFireConsultant 04/06/2012 03:56PM
  NHTSA 2012 Jeep Compass/Patriot Recalls 1126 Chris Bloom, CJBFireConsultant 04/10/2012 01:21AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.