AutoFires :  Fire/Arson Investigations The fastest message board... ever.
A moderated place where those interested in vehicle fires can contribute with probative and informative discussions. Information posted shall be directly associated with the various aspects of the field. 
1997-2003 Buick Regal Pontiac Grand Prix
Posted by: jme (IP Logged)
Date: July 10, 2008 01:28PM

Greetings,
I'm working on a investigation involving a recall that has me a bit concerned. It involves older Grand Prix and Regals leaking oil. The recall came out in March. NHTSa #08V11800. However, it is a good marketing point. I've been sending out the following email and getting a good and thankful response in return.

I just finished a vehicle fire investigation on a Grand Prix and found a significant recall issue. The issue is the fire started with an oil leak in the front rocker cover. Oil leaks usually cause fires after the vehicle has been parked for a 5-15 minutes. Not very good if you just parked it in your garage.
The recall covers Buick Regals and Pontiac Grand Prixs manufactured from 1997 to through 2003. Specifically those models with a 3.8 liter supercharged V-6 engine. Any of the GT or GTP Grand Prixs or Regal GS models will have this engine. The recall came out a few months ago and it seems the front rocker gasket is deteriorating. Unfortunately, this is right over part of the exhaust manifold.
These fires present in a predictable manner and are relatively easy to investigate. Call me with any questions.

Regards,

Rick Baldwin, C.F.E.I.
MJM Investigations
(970) 443-4939

Subject Views Written By Posted
  1997-2003 Buick Regal Pontiac Grand Prix 1784 jme 07/10/2008 01:28PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.