AutoFires :  Fire/Arson Investigations The fastest message board... ever.
A moderated place where those interested in vehicle fires can contribute with probative and informative discussions. Information posted shall be directly associated with the various aspects of the field. 
Re: New Auto theft/fire book NOW I HAVE READ IT
Posted by: MIKE (IP Logged)
Date: September 09, 2006 06:50PM

Reviewer: Mike Carlson (Skokie, Il) - See all my reviews
Truth in journalism: Eric kindly used a few of my photographs in the book.

I have been anxiously awaiting this book as I investigate many vehicle fires every year. This book was worth the wait. Eric and company have written an excellent book that will be helpful to the beginning investigator and the journeyman. Eric did not just rely on his own training and experience but involved others, such as Glen Wheeler of IAATI, with their own expertise thus expanding the effect of the book's twenty-four chapters even further. With detailed written descriptions enhanced by black and white and color photographs, it is easily read and understood and yet comprehensive and instructive. Each chapter builds on the previous and is laid out in an easily read format and furnishes a bibliography and references for further information if needed. While each reader will have specific areas that are more beneficial, the overall book will help any investigator further understand the international problems of vehicle theft, the prevention of vehicle theft, the investigation of vehicle theft and the many crimes committed utilizing vehicles, stolen or not. While the chapters on identifications of vehicles/vehicle identification numbers, vehicle fires, ignitions and steering columns and their examination and fluid analysis were most interesting to me, I was fascinated with the examination of vehicles underwater and the use of vehicles in terrorist activities. This book was not only professionally enlightening for me, but was entertaining to read. I wholeheartedly recommend anyone involved in the field, public or private sector, have this book in their library.

Mike Carlson, CFI, CFEI, CVFI, CATI, CPP,
Chicago, Il

Subject Views Written By Posted
  New Auto theft/fire book 2566 MIKE 09/05/2006 08:28AM
  Re: New Auto theft/fire book NOW I HAVE READ IT 1467 MIKE 09/09/2006 06:50PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.