Fire/Arson Investigations :  Fire/Arson Investigations The fastest message board... ever.
A place to ask questions and add to probative and informative discussions associated with the various aspects of the field of fire investigation. -- FORUM RULES---BE CIVIL AND NO NAME CALLING, NO BELITTLING, NO BERATING, NO DENIGRATING others. Postings in violation of these rules can be removed or editted to remove the offending remarks at the discretion of the moderators and/or site administrator. 
Was he really thinking?
Posted by: Tony La Palio (IP Logged)
Date: November 28, 2006 03:35PM

I just finished reading a deposition of a Captain fire investigator;I wondered was he really thinking or even listening to the question?
Question Okay. Have you ever done any kind of accident reconstrution?
Answer No, I have not.
Question Or fire reconstruction?
Answer No.
Question Are there people at the fire department that do that?
Answer We send it out to the labs. (further questions) and ( Off the record)
Question So, Investigator have you ever been asked to give a reconstruction of a fire?
Answer No, I have not.
Question Do you know if anyone in the fire department gives any kind of testimony in court regarding fire reconstruction?
Answer Not that I know of.
Question If that's needed it's farmed out to somebody else?
Answer Yes.
Question But in terms of how--you know, how a fire burns and then figuring out not just cause and origin, but how it burns through a house, have you ever done that work?
Answer No, not through a house.
Question Have you ever given any testimony in that?
Answer No
Question Okay
Thank you.
In His previous testimony when asked what he does for the fire department he testifies that.
They investigate all types of of causes of fires: Undetermined, arson, accidental-types cause of fires,(Here comes the scary part) so--if it does lead to arrest, take them in and arrest them, and take them through the criminal section of court.
So you act in both as a fire and police capacity?
Answer Yes, I do
I did not post this to humilate or degrade this person, what I was wondering was he really thinking about the question and does he understand that he will have to eat these words in court testimony; and yes Elizabeth I have screwed up in deposition and have had to eat my words in court.

Best regard, Tony

Subject Views Written By Posted
  Was he really thinking? 1754 Tony La Palio 11/28/2006 03:35PM
  Re: Was he really thinking? 1097 MIJ 11/28/2006 03:51PM
  Re: Was he really thinking? 1042 Tony La Palio 11/28/2006 04:48PM
  Re: Was he really thinking? 1096 PMK140 11/28/2006 08:09PM
  Re: Was he really thinking? 1022 cda 11/29/2006 08:50AM
  Re: Was he really thinking? 1103 Jim Mazerat 11/29/2006 10:00AM
  Re: Was he really thinking? 1042 Chris Bloom, CJBFireConsultant 11/29/2006 01:02PM
  Re: Was he really thinking? 1016 Jim Mazerat 11/29/2006 04:20PM
  Re: Was he really thinking? 994 MIJ 11/29/2006 02:50PM
  Re: Was he really thinking? 1024 Jim Mazerat 11/29/2006 04:31PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.