Fire/Arson Investigations :  Fire/Arson Investigations The fastest message board... ever.
A place to ask questions and add to probative and informative discussions associated with the various aspects of the field of fire investigation. -- FORUM RULES---BE CIVIL AND NO NAME CALLING, NO BELITTLING, NO BERATING, NO DENIGRATING others. Postings in violation of these rules can be removed or editted to remove the offending remarks at the discretion of the moderators and/or site administrator. 
Re: motion detector light fire
Posted by: Nick Markowitz (IP Logged)
Date: December 28, 2006 10:08PM

I have installed many of the regent along with other brand motion sensors and never seen one cause a fire however i have seen a couple overheat and darken case but never to point of combustion.
I would check possibilty of a power surge due to electronic nature of the motion componenet and also moke sure motion detector was not placed to close or fell into one of the flood light bulbs as I have seen this happen and almost catch a house on fire but home owner saw smoke coming from unit and shut it off in time.
Since many of these motion sensors are DIY projects i ner put it past a home onwer improperly mounting the unit and it cathcing the case on fire when it makes contact with a lightbulb.

Subject Views Written By Posted
  motion detector light fire 1738 jmorse 12/28/2006 08:36PM
  Re: motion detector light fire 1090 Nick Markowitz 12/28/2006 10:08PM
  Re: motion detector light fire 1073 jmorse 12/30/2006 03:08PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.