Fire/Arson Investigations :  Fire/Arson Investigations The fastest message board... ever.
A place to ask questions and add to probative and informative discussions associated with the various aspects of the field of fire investigation. -- FORUM RULES---BE CIVIL AND NO NAME CALLING, NO BELITTLING, NO BERATING, NO DENIGRATING others. Postings in violation of these rules can be removed or editted to remove the offending remarks at the discretion of the moderators and/or site administrator. 
State PI Licensing Agencies
Posted by: Chris Bloom, CJBFireConsultant (IP Logged)
Date: June 25, 2006 12:17PM

Due to an overwhelming request from amny different PI organizations and private entities, I printed a list of the state PI license Agencies for each state and their contact information, and placed it on my website. You can find it here:

[www.cjbfire.com]

then look for it under Publications

then click on State Agencies

This list only identifies the states with licensing agencies, but does not list all the state reciprocities or expert witness exemptions. You will need to check with the appropriate persons at these agencies for more information.

FYI: I spoke to Cozen & O'Connor in Philadelphia and found out that an attorney there already generated a document entitled, "PI Requirements State by State" and was published in February 2005. I understand this document lists all the PI states, specific code citations for each PI law requirement, whether expert witness testimony is allowed or not even if the party is not licensed, etc. If anyone has access to this document, I am sure it would benefit all concerned here to disseminate it through this listserv.

Chris

Subject Views Written By Posted
  State PI Licensing Agencies 2023 Chris Bloom, CJBFireConsultant 06/25/2006 12:17PM
  Re: State PI Licensing Agencies 1264 N Camara 06/26/2006 12:55PM
  Re: State PI Licensing Agencies 1254 Chris Bloom, CJBFireConsultant 06/26/2006 12:56PM
  Re: State PI Licensing Agencies 1326 N Camara 06/27/2006 08:22AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.