Fire/Arson Investigations :  Fire/Arson Investigations The fastest message board... ever.
A place to ask questions and add to probative and informative discussions associated with the various aspects of the field of fire investigation. -- FORUM RULES---BE CIVIL AND NO NAME CALLING, NO BELITTLING, NO BERATING, NO DENIGRATING others. Postings in violation of these rules can be removed or editted to remove the offending remarks at the discretion of the moderators and/or site administrator. 
Fyrnetics smoke alarm - model 1205
Posted by: Martini (IP Logged)
Date: July 05, 2006 10:56PM

I stumbled across this site while Googling for info on the above-referenced smoke alarm. Apparently there was a posting at some point concerning this or a similar model(s). This alarm was pre-installed when I bought the house 2 yrs ago. We have purchased add'l detectors since, but while recently testing, I realized this alarm is not functioning. In removing it from the mounting (no, I had not done this before), I realized it is hard-wired to my elec. (or should be).

Can someone tell me if they're familiar with this model? Is it so old that manuals and other info no longer exist for it anywhere? If there are simple things I can check (or do) before crawling through my attic checking wires, I would love to know.

BTW, I was googling after trying to Fyrnetics online (who seems maybe to have merged with Kidde).

RJ Martinez

Subject Views Written By Posted
  Fyrnetics smoke alarm - model 1205 2071 Martini 07/05/2006 10:56PM
  Re: Fyrnetics smoke alarm - model 1205 1408 Chris Bloom, CJBFireConsultant 07/06/2006 12:53AM
  Re: Fyrnetics smoke alarm - model 1205 2220 cda 07/07/2006 08:12AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.