Fire/Arson Investigations :  Fire/Arson Investigations The fastest message board... ever.
A place to ask questions and add to probative and informative discussions associated with the various aspects of the field of fire investigation. -- FORUM RULES---BE CIVIL AND NO NAME CALLING, NO BELITTLING, NO BERATING, NO DENIGRATING others. Postings in violation of these rules can be removed or editted to remove the offending remarks at the discretion of the moderators and/or site administrator. 
Re: Effective Teaching of Fire Science to Non-Scientists
Posted by: cda (IP Logged)
Date: May 10, 2007 07:21AM

I agree investigators need to know basic concepts.

The seminars do not seem to lean towards teaching some of the basics.

I was wondering in reply to some of your comments why there is not different levels of certifications for fire investigators. In that, in some manner the investigator would have to show certain levels of knowledge of different aspects of fire investigation before being able to obtain the next level of certification.

There could be a certification for various fields that scentist/ engineers have expertise in.

OH and by the way my boss put your book scientific protocols on my desk today. 564 pages of light reading for the weekend.

Subject Views Written By Posted
  Effective Teaching of Fire Science to Non-Scientists 1941 SCarman 05/08/2007 01:15PM
  Re: Effective Teaching of Fire Science to Non-Scientists 984 cda 05/08/2007 01:30PM
  Re: Effective Teaching of Fire Science to Non-Scientists 995 John J. Lentini, CFEI 05/09/2007 08:51PM
  Re: Effective Teaching of Fire Science to Non-Scientists 933 cda 05/10/2007 07:21AM
  Re: Effective Teaching of Fire Science to Non-Scientists 1127 dcarpenter 05/11/2007 09:56AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.