Fire/Arson Investigations :  Fire/Arson Investigations The fastest message board... ever.
A place to ask questions and add to probative and informative discussions associated with the various aspects of the field of fire investigation. -- FORUM RULES---BE CIVIL AND NO NAME CALLING, NO BELITTLING, NO BERATING, NO DENIGRATING others. Postings in violation of these rules can be removed or editted to remove the offending remarks at the discretion of the moderators and/or site administrator. 
Re: Study of Smoke Characterization
Posted by: k9team (IP Logged)
Date: May 18, 2007 10:50AM

An excellent posting, thank you.

I have been fortunate to be involved in the fire services in the United Kingdom and United States. Even though I have been domicilled in the US for 17 years I still regularly visit sites in the UK for reference purposes and would like to share some useful of that information with you. Some studies go back when I was a fire prevention office in London in the 1970's, not all myths, it is just that it is vital for our community to keep up with current technology!

The Building Research Institute has a large volume of test data:
[www.bre.co.uk]

Then Institution of Fire Engineers has also a lot of valuable information, incidentally there is a US Chapter available for membership within the US:
[www.ife.org.uk]

A previous post related to: "What should we keep in our library?"so I feel these are sites to add to your Favorites for constant reference.

Howard Myers
Retired - London Fire Brigade

Subject Views Written By Posted
  Study of Smoke Characterization 1513 firecop5002 05/18/2007 10:19AM
  Re: Study of Smoke Characterization 938 k9team 05/18/2007 10:50AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.