Fire/Arson Investigations :  Fire/Arson Investigations The fastest message board... ever.
A place to ask questions and add to probative and informative discussions associated with the various aspects of the field of fire investigation. -- FORUM RULES---BE CIVIL AND NO NAME CALLING, NO BELITTLING, NO BERATING, NO DENIGRATING others. Postings in violation of these rules can be removed or editted to remove the offending remarks at the discretion of the moderators and/or site administrator. 
Marina Fire
Posted by: jcolfm19 (IP Logged)
Date: July 04, 2007 08:40AM

If anyone in the group has experience working marina fires, please contact me off list. I have been asked to assist with one, but was trying to get some ideas of potential additional hazards we may encounter in addition to the water depth, chemicals, structure collapse etc.

According to the preliminary information that I received, I know that some of the boats contained surface mounted fuel containers and the majority of the vessels were suspended out of the water in hoist. Are there any additional indicators that would distinguish a fire having originated on a boat as vs. the marine structure?

Subject Views Written By Posted
  Marina Fire 1426 jcolfm19 07/04/2007 08:40AM
  Re: Marina Fire 838 Chris Bloom, CJBFireConsultant 07/04/2007 05:07PM
  Re: Marina Fire 861 John J. Lentini, CFEI 07/04/2007 05:44PM
  Re: Marina Fire 788 Nick Markowitz 07/08/2007 01:24PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.