Fire/Arson Investigations :  Fire/Arson Investigations The fastest message board... ever.
A place to ask questions and add to probative and informative discussions associated with the various aspects of the field of fire investigation. -- FORUM RULES---BE CIVIL AND NO NAME CALLING, NO BELITTLING, NO BERATING, NO DENIGRATING others. Postings in violation of these rules can be removed or editted to remove the offending remarks at the discretion of the moderators and/or site administrator. 
Re: more recent fire cases in question
Posted by: John Lentini (IP Logged)
Date: November 12, 2020 09:42AM

Cases like Willingham? He is the only person that I know of to have been executed for a crime that did not happen. Ernest Ray Willis was a "companion" Texas case with almost the exact same evidence, and many of the same investigators but with a happier result. He was exonerated after 19 years on death row.

There are a number of wrongfully brought arson cases in Chapter 9 of my third edition and I have made them available separately in my newsletter available at [www.firescientist.com]

Cases that might interest you are TN v Terry Jackson, WI v Joseph Awe, Security First v. Herndon, IN v Fred Fegley, GA v Dahlman. There are quite a few others.

Subject Views Written By Posted
  more recent fire cases in question 713 Fire 11/11/2020 08:52PM
  Re: more recent fire cases in question 533 John Lentini 11/12/2020 09:42AM
  Re: more recent fire cases in question 479 Chris Bloom, CJBFireConsultant 11/12/2020 11:35AM
  Re: more recent fire cases in question 465 Fire 11/12/2020 07:47PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.