Fire/Arson Investigations :  Fire/Arson Investigations The fastest message board... ever.
A place to ask questions and add to probative and informative discussions associated with the various aspects of the field of fire investigation. -- FORUM RULES---BE CIVIL AND NO NAME CALLING, NO BELITTLING, NO BERATING, NO DENIGRATING others. Postings in violation of these rules can be removed or editted to remove the offending remarks at the discretion of the moderators and/or site administrator. 
HOPE - Gerald Hurst
Posted by: Laura (IP Logged)
Date: June 29, 2006 06:08AM

Dear Mr. Hurst:

I am sending this to see if you still have this as an active email account, therefore I shall try not to be to lengthy.

I am in dire need of assistance as I'm sure you receive many. I am not guillty of first degree felony arson and by Gods Grace I am not in prison. I am on probation for 15-30 yrs and cannot travel outside of my county due to my inability to pay high restistution. My children have been the biggest gift in my life however they are 11 and 13 and I cannot let them travel with out me. I am grateful to not be behind bars however my abilty to get a job that pays well seems to continuously be rejected due to my past. I have recently read articles of your nvolvementand expertise in helping others (especially Terri and recently mr. Willis) and to the best of my knowledge my only hope will be a writ - I have been denied my motions of appeals.

Where should I re-start.I worked diligently on this for years and have been rejected in all attempts to even converse on the issue with out funds. I am a good working single Mom and am providing my children with a safe, loving, clean and sober enviroment to the best of my ability. Their father does not contribute therefore, I devote all I am able to my childrens upbringing and helping others.

There is of course much more involved as this you know is your area of excellence, do you want me to send you a copy of my appeal and documents that I have obtained from the courts? I pled no contest, this did not go to trial, and am not an arsonist. Fear, coercion and brutality played a large part in my plea.

The most astounding occurance was when there was a fire in the adjoining condo appoximately 11 months later and if I were an arsonist - they would have questioned me. They never talked to me in regards to the latter fire. They questioned me the day of the fire of my condo I rented and the Fire Cheif of Indian Rocks Beach questioned me once.

There were descepancies to the two points of origin from the two investigators, the insuruance investigator said to me that he thought it was most likely electrical however he was not depositioned. The forensics came back negative. Ad infinitium.

I do not want to make this too lenghty - I need help - I have no assets - I know in my heart that I am innocent and I am exteremely grateful for the reunification of my children to me over 2 years ago.
The policeman who interrogated me was let go from the largo PD for refusing to take a drug test and for his agressive behavior prior to being hired by the Indian Shores Police Department. They could not locate him for a deposition. His interrogation of me was by himself until another officer joined in for the last 10 minutes. I never admitted to intentionally starting a fire.

Where do I turn, the media, Congressman Bill Young, States Attorney, I dont know of any attorney who would take this on pro bono and not many have knowledge in wrtits. I am trying to continue the footwork and leave the rest up to a Higher Power.

Thank you for your response and your patience. Any advise I will act upon.

Gratefully,
Laura Bayless

Copy Message to Sent Folder

Subject Views Written By Posted
  HOPE - Gerald Hurst 2438 Laura 06/29/2006 06:08AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.