Fire/Arson Investigations :  Fire/Arson Investigations The fastest message board... ever.
A place to ask questions and add to probative and informative discussions associated with the various aspects of the field of fire investigation. -- FORUM RULES---BE CIVIL AND NO NAME CALLING, NO BELITTLING, NO BERATING, NO DENIGRATING others. Postings in violation of these rules can be removed or editted to remove the offending remarks at the discretion of the moderators and/or site administrator. 
Criteria for Fire/Arson Investigators
Posted by: Tony La Palio (IP Logged)
Date: September 05, 2006 03:19PM

I need your assistance, I have been doing some researching on the criteria used by Municipal Fire Departments or other law enforcement agencies for selecting candiates for the Fire/Arson Investigator posistions.
It does not make any difference if you are a paid or volunteer department.I have been inquiring with departments that I deal with including my former department, the LAFD.
This has been quite interesting so far;as they say quite an eye opener.

Examples: NFPA 1033, NFPA 921, NFPA 906, Kirks Fire Investigation, Forensic Fire Scene Reconstrucition, Scientific Protocols for Fire Investigation,Principles of Fire Behavior, State qualifications, and Education, Background and experience.
I will present the data to the NFPA Research section
Thank you for you professionalism.
Tony La Palio smiling smiley

Subject Views Written By Posted
  Criteria for Fire/Arson Investigators 1596 Tony La Palio 09/05/2006 03:19PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.