Fire/Arson Investigations :  Fire/Arson Investigations The fastest message board... ever.
A place to ask questions and add to probative and informative discussions associated with the various aspects of the field of fire investigation. -- FORUM RULES---BE CIVIL AND NO NAME CALLING, NO BELITTLING, NO BERATING, NO DENIGRATING others. Postings in violation of these rules can be removed or editted to remove the offending remarks at the discretion of the moderators and/or site administrator. 
Re: Attention All: Law Enforcement Especially ----IMPORTANT NO JOKE
Posted by: Sheila Berry (IP Logged)
Date: October 11, 2006 08:17PM

I'm sorry for being a month late replying to this thread, but I've not visited in awhile.

I use person searches all the time, and just last week taught a seminar course for legal professionals on enhancing online investigative skills. I use and recommend Lexis SmartLinx and Accurint. Both are subscription services that require background investigation and employ numerous safeguards. The Lexis SmartLinx information is about 90% accurate but not necessarily timely. Accurint is more timely, but you need to start your search with some confirmed information about the subject you are seeking. This is important when you're trying to find a defendant or a witness or working up a jury list.

zabasearch is, from my perspective, useless. It pulls information from all over, then mixes it up helter-skelter. I have a common name that is shared by a dozen or so women in the metro Richmond, VA area. zabasearch apparently put it all in a blender, because it's Sheila Berry mix and match all over the place. The only good thing is that I've been given a 1970 birthday.

You may want to look at [zillow.com] In areas that have been mapped, you can type in an address and get the residence's current market value, tax appraised value, type of construction, square footage, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, etc. (I use this when working up a jury list, too.)

Subject Views Written By Posted
  Attention All: Law Enforcement Especially ----IMPORTANT NO JOKE 2118 Chris Bloom, CJBFireConsultant 09/07/2006 11:54PM
  Re: Attention All: Law Enforcement Especially ----IMPORTANT NO JOKE 1154 cda 09/08/2006 03:35PM
  Re: Attention All: Law Enforcement Especially ----IMPORTANT NO JOKE 1140 Nick Markowitz 09/08/2006 08:30PM
  Re: Attention All: Law Enforcement Especially ----IMPORTANT NO JOKE 1064 Nick Markowitz 09/08/2006 08:31PM
  Re: Attention All: Law Enforcement Especially ----IMPORTANT NO JOKE 1085 Rick Metzger 09/09/2006 02:44PM
  Re: Attention All: Law Enforcement Especially ----IMPORTANT NO JOKE 1107 Anonymous User 09/12/2006 12:31PM
  Re: Attention All: Law Enforcement Especially ----IMPORTANT NO JOKE 1081 Sheila Berry 10/11/2006 08:17PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.