RECALL LISTINGS :  Fire/Arson Investigations The fastest message board... ever.
Please feel free to add recalls to this area to expand the current database. 
Re: General Motors Recalls
Posted by: mjgrubb (IP Logged)
Date: July 22, 2010 02:19PM

Mike, do you know if this was put up yet on NHTSA's web site? I have seen that there are 2 recalls for this issue already. One was on 03/12/2008, ID# 08V118000, for 3.8L engines with a supercharger (where they will replace both the rocker cover gasket as well as the spark plug wire channels), and the other was on 04/08/2009, ID# 09V116000, for naturally aspirated 3.8L engines (where they will just replace the spark plug wire channels). The reason I ask is I was just wondering if this is yet a 3rd recall where they are now going to want to also replace the rocker gasket too for the naturally aspirated engines. Only seems to make sense. I though they were ridiculous in the first place to just replace the combustible spark plug wire channels. Wouldn't it make more sense to stop the oil leak instead of just remove the combustible spark plug wire channels out of that area that would burn when the oil ignited off of the exhaust manifold? But I guess that would have been to costly of a free-be repair from GM. Just 2 days ago I had a 2000 Buick Regal LS with an engine compartment fire that this particular area in these recalls is contained within my area of origin. So just trying to do a little more digging here. But from what I found so far, the vehicle I have in question did not have it's front rocker cover gasket recalled as of yet since it is a naturally aspirated 3.8L engine. So if you know of a new one coming out that is not posted to NHTSA yet, I would love to hear more about this. Thank you!!!

Subject Views Written By Posted
  General Motors Recalls 2073 MIKE 06/08/2010 12:27PM
  Re: General Motors Recalls 1129 mjgrubb 07/22/2010 02:19PM
  Re: General Motors Recalls 1223 MIKE 07/22/2010 04:26PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.