Fire/Arson Investigations :  Fire/Arson Investigations The fastest message board... ever.
A place to ask questions and add to probative and informative discussions associated with the various aspects of the field of fire investigation. -- FORUM RULES---BE CIVIL AND NO NAME CALLING, NO BELITTLING, NO BERATING, NO DENIGRATING others. Postings in violation of these rules can be removed or editted to remove the offending remarks at the discretion of the moderators and/or site administrator. 
Re: Definition & Explanation
Posted by: Jim Mazerat (IP Logged)
Date: March 02, 2007 08:50AM

John:

I appreciate the reply and I think I agree with a lot of your posting. What you are saying is similar to what Steve said earlier that where this comes up with the court is after an event. Here is where you and I may have been saying the same thing. When this questions comes before a court there is nothing limiting the court as to what they use in making their decision. What they look for is something that the profession has chosen, such as 921 for their training document, and they compare that to the actions of the person. What you are saying is that what they use can be a number of different items other than written text alone.

There is nothing to disagree with this idea and I think what you stated here fits right in line with the definition I was using. Mine was very broad to fit all profession or lay persons, where yours in mort to the point of a profession.

Your answer does supply valuable information for me and others to use when evaluating this topic. I think this is what was needs earlier.

Thanks

Jim

Subject Views Written By Posted
  Definition & Explanation 1642 Jim Mazerat 03/01/2007 08:18PM
  Re: Definition & Explanation 899 MIJ 03/01/2007 11:31PM
  Re: Definition & Explanation 829 Jim Mazerat 03/02/2007 08:53AM
  Re: Definition & Explanation 885 John J. Lentini, CFEI 03/02/2007 12:32AM
  Re: Definition & Explanation 894 Jim Mazerat 03/02/2007 08:50AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.