Fire/Arson Investigations :  Fire/Arson Investigations The fastest message board... ever.
A place to ask questions and add to probative and informative discussions associated with the various aspects of the field of fire investigation. -- FORUM RULES---BE CIVIL AND NO NAME CALLING, NO BELITTLING, NO BERATING, NO DENIGRATING others. Postings in violation of these rules can be removed or editted to remove the offending remarks at the discretion of the moderators and/or site administrator. 
Re: Volunteer Fire Department Training
Posted by: Jimmy Collier (IP Logged)
Date: July 08, 2006 11:22AM

Herb, ths same program is available here in Alabama but with a cost. The majority of the departments that I deal with vary in development from infancy stage to established, but I see some of the same problems with each. They need the training bought to them, but do not have the funds to do it. I'm trying to start out simple, making them understand they, the firefighters are an important link to the investigation, but they can create problems which may hinder an investigation such as tossing trash into the fire scene, failure to document, misrepresenting something as fact to the fire victim, etc.

I am not trying to make them investigators, but to open their eyes to the world of what can and/or could happen if they have to get on a witness stand and account for their words and/or actions.

Jimmy Collier

Subject Views Written By Posted
  Volunteer Fire Department Training 1626 Jimmy Collier 07/08/2006 09:24AM
  Re: Volunteer Fire Department Training 1008 haustin 07/08/2006 10:43AM
  Re: Volunteer Fire Department Training 982 Jimmy Collier 07/08/2006 11:22AM
  Re: Volunteer Fire Department Training 1051 cda 07/09/2006 10:24AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.