Fire/Arson Investigations :  Fire/Arson Investigations The fastest message board... ever.
A place to ask questions and add to probative and informative discussions associated with the various aspects of the field of fire investigation. -- FORUM RULES---BE CIVIL AND NO NAME CALLING, NO BELITTLING, NO BERATING, NO DENIGRATING others. Postings in violation of these rules can be removed or editted to remove the offending remarks at the discretion of the moderators and/or site administrator. 
Have you ever heard of this?
Posted by: Tony La Palio (IP Logged)
Date: March 27, 2007 01:39PM

Have you ever heard of a High School fire alarm that went no where, not to a reporting station, a central station it just goes off in the middle of the night or early morning and they hope a neighbor will call 911!

I am investigating a this fire and I am told, well the motion detector went off at 0100 hrs and at 0110 the smoke detector activates and there is a fire, only no one calls 911 until a neighbor got tired of the bells ringing at the High School.
Then the F.D. invstigators arrive and say well its an electrical fire, with these two gigantic rocks laying on floor one in the room of origin and one in the main office.

When I called the investigators and asked them about the rocks I was told "what rocks"? I asked if they would like to come and see them and maybe take in as evidence, I was told no, they are real busy and the chain of custody is gone so never mind.

Now one would think should I call the fire department and see who is responible for the alarms and holes in the attic drafts that were not brought back to the required level of fire resistance ASTM 1199-88.

The fire prevention sections tells me "Its the state who inspects the High Schools for fire alarms and fire code violations not the fire departments"

I ask oh its the Sate Fire Marshal's office, No it is the State Department of Architecture. Then I asked the school princpal when was it inspected? To her knowledge never.

God I love this job

Best regards, Tony

Subject Views Written By Posted
  Have you ever heard of this? 1720 Tony La Palio 03/27/2007 01:39PM
  Re: Have you ever heard of this? 1008 Jonathan Squires 03/27/2007 04:20PM
  Re: Have you ever heard of this? 930 Nick Markowitz 03/28/2007 09:34AM
  Re: Have you ever heard of this? 936 Anonymous User 04/03/2007 07:52AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.