Fire/Arson Investigations :  Fire/Arson Investigations The fastest message board... ever.
A place to ask questions and add to probative and informative discussions associated with the various aspects of the field of fire investigation. -- FORUM RULES---BE CIVIL AND NO NAME CALLING, NO BELITTLING, NO BERATING, NO DENIGRATING others. Postings in violation of these rules can be removed or editted to remove the offending remarks at the discretion of the moderators and/or site administrator. 
Re: Fireworks Fatality
Posted by: jcolfm19 (IP Logged)
Date: July 10, 2007 10:09PM

To those of you have contacted me of list with information; I want to thank you for your response. To give everyone an update, I have been in contact with ATF and a representative for the manufacturer for assistance in this tragic incident.

I am now at the position to where I can share additional information with the group.

On Thursday evening, July 5th, a 7 year old male was struck on the chest by an artillery shell consumer Class C fireworks projectile, launched from a cardboard tube after being accidentally knocked over by the family dog. The victim, died as the result of blunt force trauma.

During the past few days, the amount of information that I have learned about this and other types of fireworks is astonishing. I had underestimated the potential devastation of these devices.

If you wish to discuss this in additional details, please contact me off list.

Subject Views Written By Posted
  Fireworks Fatality 1421 jcolfm19 07/06/2007 07:10PM
  Re: Fireworks Fatality 855 K Vanderpool 07/07/2007 08:32AM
  Re: Fireworks Fatality 901 cda 07/07/2007 10:12AM
  Re: Fireworks Fatality 811 jcolfm19 07/10/2007 10:09PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.