Fire/Arson Investigations :  Fire/Arson Investigations The fastest message board... ever.
A place to ask questions and add to probative and informative discussions associated with the various aspects of the field of fire investigation. -- FORUM RULES---BE CIVIL AND NO NAME CALLING, NO BELITTLING, NO BERATING, NO DENIGRATING others. Postings in violation of these rules can be removed or editted to remove the offending remarks at the discretion of the moderators and/or site administrator. 
Re: Corregatted stainless gas tubing Litigation
Posted by: Nick Markowitz (IP Logged)
Date: October 29, 2006 11:04AM

Very well could be I have seen my share of bad grounding and bonding situations.
But the changes made in NEC over last 3 revisions have made it difficult to figure out which way to do it .
first they said the wire from panel box to furnace was sufficent to bond gas piping then they said to put actual bonding wire to gas pipe of suffiecent size which was not easily figured out now they have changed it again to bonding gas where needed I do not even think the electrical inspectors have a handle on what NEC wants.
I do not think those who are writting the NEC have any clue as to what the right way to do it is. every time I get a different story or opinion from an inspector.
then gas company or electric company people come on site and it gets more muddled up by what they think is correct.
I whish once and for all NEC would decide it and write a clear and concise code on it.

Subject Views Written By Posted
  Corregatted stainless gas tubing Litigation 1661 Nick Markowitz 10/29/2006 08:36AM
  Re: Corregatted stainless gas tubing Litigation 943 jgmcfps 10/29/2006 10:01AM
  Re: Corregatted stainless gas tubing Litigation 966 Nick Markowitz 10/29/2006 11:04AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.