Fire/Arson Investigations :  Fire/Arson Investigations The fastest message board... ever.
A place to ask questions and add to probative and informative discussions associated with the various aspects of the field of fire investigation. -- FORUM RULES---BE CIVIL AND NO NAME CALLING, NO BELITTLING, NO BERATING, NO DENIGRATING others. Postings in violation of these rules can be removed or editted to remove the offending remarks at the discretion of the moderators and/or site administrator. 
Re: Something to think about
Posted by: Jim Mazerat (IP Logged)
Date: November 03, 2006 09:55PM

Wow, that bites. I gave something for others to read so they can make an informed decision. I did not say I agree with everything the article said, in fact I did not even give an opinion on the article.

Do you really believe that there is one standard of care, nation wide, a doctor performing a specific operation must meet? Does not the location where the operation is taking place have an influence in what is the standard of care for that operation?

By your second question I take it you have not done much work with building codes. I would never want my engineer to use just the so call industry standard. The National Fire Protection Association has given sworn testimony through their employees that their standards are not pre-engineered documents and the specific application should be reviewed by an appropriate expert on the subject.

Why would you want your experts at a lab to limit themselves to the conventional wisdom? I want someone to go outside the box when looking at the evidence. If one never looks beyond the conventional wisdom we would never move forward.

As to your third question, I never indicated a person did not or should not be able to seek compensation for damages. The question was, if the industry standard developed by the organization was shown to be lacking and the cause of the injury suffered by the consumer, should not the person be able to seek compensation.

If we want to make 921 the standard for our industry, then we need to understand the possible repercussions.

Subject Views Written By Posted
  Something to think about 1540 Jim Mazerat 11/03/2006 05:58PM
  Re: Something to think about 960 ssklar 11/03/2006 09:08PM
  Re: Something to think about 879 Jim Mazerat 11/03/2006 09:55PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.