Fire/Arson Investigations :  Fire/Arson Investigations The fastest message board... ever.
A place to ask questions and add to probative and informative discussions associated with the various aspects of the field of fire investigation. -- FORUM RULES---BE CIVIL AND NO NAME CALLING, NO BELITTLING, NO BERATING, NO DENIGRATING others. Postings in violation of these rules can be removed or editted to remove the offending remarks at the discretion of the moderators and/or site administrator. 
Certifications
Posted by: K Vanderpool (IP Logged)
Date: March 08, 2007 08:35PM

Ok, what I see occurring here is what occurred in the EMS field several years ago. To make a long story short a concerted effort was made at multiple levels between governmental, private and public associations, etc, etc. The final product was a "National Registry" that is recognized as a universal accreditation. Although most states recognize this "certificaton" it allows for testing and accreditation of knowledge and education. Thus allowing the individual to challenge a state certification / licensure. With that being said, there is NO substitute for hands on, in the field experience. Which SOME attornies and "office types" may not have. Trust me, I've been in the Fire Service for 27 years and have had my share of Prevention, Suppression, Investigation and Emergency Medical experiences. (Yes I'm an old adrenalin junkie).
My Point? Why can't NAFI, PFFIA, IAAI etc, develop a standardized test that all can be accomodated by, and....add a positive indicator for REAL WORLD, not SCHOOL WORLD experience.

Yes, I have a Bachelor's Degree, so I have been exposed to academic vs. trade specific education and training.

Thanks for ALL of the input.
Ken Vanderpool

Subject Views Written By Posted
  Certifications 1599 K Vanderpool 03/08/2007 08:35PM
  Re: Certifications 955 Jim Mazerat 03/08/2007 09:53PM
  Re: Certifications 953 PMK140 03/08/2007 10:24PM
  Re: Certifications 910 dahebert 03/09/2007 11:18AM
  Re: Certifications 906 Chris Bloom, CJBFireConsultant 03/10/2007 06:18PM
  Re: Certifications 1506 dahebert 03/10/2007 09:06PM
  Re: Certifications 1531 Hunter B. (Terry) Lacy 03/11/2007 03:34PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.