Fire/Arson Investigations :  Fire/Arson Investigations The fastest message board... ever.
A place to ask questions and add to probative and informative discussions associated with the various aspects of the field of fire investigation. -- FORUM RULES---BE CIVIL AND NO NAME CALLING, NO BELITTLING, NO BERATING, NO DENIGRATING others. Postings in violation of these rules can be removed or editted to remove the offending remarks at the discretion of the moderators and/or site administrator. 
Re: Certifications
Posted by: Hunter B. (Terry) Lacy (IP Logged)
Date: March 11, 2007 03:34PM

Tennessee will accept IAAI seminars as continuing education for the PI license for those who are Fire Investigators. South Carolina is reviewing the NC/SC IAAI seminar in Myrtle Beach for inclusion for some of the continuing education hours for their PI license renewal. North Carolina has no continuing education requirement yet, but has proposed one that will probably include IAAI seminars for some of the hours. If my memory is correct, Virginia and Georgia require that the continuing education be presented by one of their staff members or someone they choose. It normally addresses changes in the PI law. I do not believe West Virginia and Maryland have any continuing education requirements. Kentucky's PI law is a new statute and my original licensing has not expired. I do not recall what, if any, continuing education requirements Kentucky has.

I do not have specific knowledge of the continuing education laws in PA, NJ, FL, OH, IN, CT, IL, and MA, but do not recall receiving any instructions from our licensing coordinator to attend a continuing education course for those states.

Subject Views Written By Posted
  Certifications 1599 K Vanderpool 03/08/2007 08:35PM
  Re: Certifications 955 Jim Mazerat 03/08/2007 09:53PM
  Re: Certifications 953 PMK140 03/08/2007 10:24PM
  Re: Certifications 909 dahebert 03/09/2007 11:18AM
  Re: Certifications 906 Chris Bloom, CJBFireConsultant 03/10/2007 06:18PM
  Re: Certifications 1506 dahebert 03/10/2007 09:06PM
  Re: Certifications 1530 Hunter B. (Terry) Lacy 03/11/2007 03:34PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.