Fire/Arson Investigations :  Fire/Arson Investigations The fastest message board... ever.
A place to ask questions and add to probative and informative discussions associated with the various aspects of the field of fire investigation. -- FORUM RULES---BE CIVIL AND NO NAME CALLING, NO BELITTLING, NO BERATING, NO DENIGRATING others. Postings in violation of these rules can be removed or editted to remove the offending remarks at the discretion of the moderators and/or site administrator. 
Re: Army Field Manual
Posted by: Nick Markowitz (IP Logged)
Date: April 09, 2007 08:08AM

Mr. Lentini

It is the same old argument when it comes to the electrical work i do.
I am a trained qualified full power electrician I use and follow the NEC 70 etc
which tells me how to properly install circuits to a minimum concensus standard
to prevent electrical fires and accidents.If we do encounter a problem with the code in the field we have a method thru the NEC to present the problem and modify the code if a problem in the field is found.

How ever there are mill and factory wireman and maintnance men not proeprly trained do not know or care to know about nec 70 and do there own thing.
its ok becuse they wire and then walk away to never see the end result there work has created 5-20 years later when a structure catches fire.
But in there mind why should they go to school and follow a code when in there mind the wiring there doing is perfectly acceptable and safe when in fact it is known and proven 95% of all electrical fires are due to faulty improperly installed wiring.

Sound like the same familar argument about CFI the 921 and other standards.
accept in an investigator who does not follow 921 and other standards 5-20 years later when it is found out the fire was ruled incorectly and a person incoent of the crime has been jailed it still adds up to the same thing unprofessional ignorance and embarrasement for all.
921 may not be perfect but it is far better to have a minimum standard than everyone fre lancing and coming up with 25 different causes for the same fire.

Subject Views Written By Posted
  Army Field Manual 1716 K Vanderpool 04/07/2007 09:43AM
  Re: Army Field Manual 1067 John J. Lentini, CFEI 04/07/2007 08:16PM
  Re: Army Field Manual 931 Nick Markowitz 04/09/2007 08:08AM
  Re: Army Field Manual 961 K Vanderpool 04/09/2007 09:31AM
  Re: Army Field Manual 945 Ted Pagels 04/10/2007 11:48AM
  Re: Army Field Manual 911 John J. Lentini, CFEI 04/10/2007 01:42PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.