Fire/Arson Investigations :  Fire/Arson Investigations The fastest message board... ever.
A place to ask questions and add to probative and informative discussions associated with the various aspects of the field of fire investigation. -- FORUM RULES---BE CIVIL AND NO NAME CALLING, NO BELITTLING, NO BERATING, NO DENIGRATING others. Postings in violation of these rules can be removed or editted to remove the offending remarks at the discretion of the moderators and/or site administrator. 
Re: What to do
Posted by: firecop5002 (IP Logged)
Date: April 16, 2007 05:11PM

One thing I should say and it goes with some points Doug C made via private e-mail. All available data is not yet been collected. My samples of course are not back because this occurred on Sunday. Although I fully expect them to be negative one never knows. The other thing that Doug brought up is a possible problem with the unit itself causing flu temps to be far above what they should be. I did have the regulator on the meter checked and it was functioning fine. Again no leaks in or around the unit when charged with gas at house pressure. This is not to say though that an engineer might find something wrong deeper in the unit causing a problem that is beyond the scope of my ability. I left the unit as is for that purpose as well as all appliances removed during debris removal. (Curling irons etc etc) They were tagged as do not disturb and the homeowner was advised not to fool with the stuff until his insurance folks advise him. It is very possible that an engineer may find something beyond what I could determine about the unit. Problem is the unit is over ten years old so it's not likely that the insurance company will hire an engineer, which leaves me back to what I can determine. I do appreciate the responses. Gives me much more to think about.

Dave

Subject Views Written By Posted
  What to do 1698 firecop5002 04/15/2007 10:23PM
  Re: What to do 959 Nick Markowitz 04/16/2007 06:45AM
  Re: What to do 982 jgmcfps 04/16/2007 09:19AM
  Re: What to do 985 firecop5002 04/16/2007 10:09AM
  Re: What to do 1044 Gerald Hurst 04/16/2007 11:04AM
  Re: What to do 981 firecop5002 04/16/2007 05:11PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.